01 September 2009

Tuesday Morning... I have been up way too long already

Good morning people! This is a great day for me I guess. Well last night I wasn't able to sleep much with the nurses coming in and out every hour or so to check my PICC line and the drips. I was hoping to get a bit more sleep last night, but it is what it is. I will sleep when they sedate me for the Colonoscopy. My doctor promised me that I will be good and out when he does it! Last night after my last post my doctor stopped by to chat and let me know what the plan for today is. Hopefully we know more about just how bad my disease is in my bowels and what we need to do to control it going forward.

I hope that, no matter what, I can feel better soon!

For the longest time I fought the idea of surgery. I saw it as taking away something that I needed to live. I have come to see, through the help of my friends and a lot of research, that this is not true. I know now that I can have a productive life without my colon. I might even be able to live a better life than I have had in the past 5 years+.

I will beat this! You all are helping me do it and I LOVE YOU ALL for it!

I have to go now... time to go become my own Discovery Channel Special!

Will update you when I know more!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the change in attitude. Its more than hopeful resignation, its determined to move forward mode. I got an xray today-- no fluid in my lungs. Reading about all your trials and tribs reminds me I need to schedule a colonoscopy...have only had one, and I was full out. The worst part was the prep... It really sounds like you have a doctor that is taking charge and doing the right thing from the ground up. Hang in there. The best is yet to come. Get some rest in the mind as well as the body. Love, MT

    ReplyDelete