10 September 2009

1 week later... More questions arise

Hey everyone, Sorry that I took off once I left the hospital. I have had a lot on my mind as you all could probably tell. I have attempted to put down what I have to say a couple times now, and I keep getting interrupted. Life... what are you going to do about it....

What has happened in the last week... Where to get started....

I have successfully spent the last week on my TPN. With this, I have been allowed only clear fluids + gummy bears. That's it. I must say its been hella hard to sit around and watch others munch down on whatever it is that's around while I am stuck drinking broth and eating gummy bears. If I was 10 years youngers, I would have thought 7up and gummy bears would have been Heavenly for a diet. Then I grew up and learned to appreciate food. I have to say the worst was last weekend when I took the family over to the grandparents house for dinner. I was happy to see everyone and to be out of the house and visiting people, but Frank does some of the most AMAZING food in his smoker, and he did a whole ham. That was a bit painfull to watch people eat that and not be able to enjoy it. Since then I have been better about my jealousy. Being on the TPN is kinda a trip to me. It takes 12 hours a day to infuse everything that I need for the day. They tell me that I could injest nothing else and be just fine. That's kinda weird to think about when you are up and mobile. It's kinda been cool to get use to though. The kids get a little weird seeing daddy hooked up with a tube in his arm half the night.

The family has been amazing through all of this. I know it can't be easy on them seeing daddy in a lot of pain or my wife knowing that I am unable to help out around here as much as I want to. They have been a constant source of energy for me! I know that all that I am dealing with right now is to get me into a place where I will be around for years to come to help them out through everything.

I am starting to fade for the night. I will get more down in the morning.

Life is an interesting mistress... I hope to be around long enough to figure her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment