03 September 2009

Thursday Morning... I get to go home today!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday after the morning... I have had a lot on my mind as you all could probably tell. 24 hours later I have had some time to come to grips with the reality of what needs to happen and here's what I know.

Surgery is happening. It's now a matter of how invasive they want to go and how much they need to remove. I am heading home today as there is nothing else that they are going to do with me still here for now, and I would be a whole lot more comfortable at my house. I have to be back in the clinic with my new Colorectal team in about 10 days to do some exploration to see just how bad things are so they can make a definitive decision on what is going to be removed and what type of ostomy I will end up with in the end. From there it will be scheduling the surgery and getting it done. We hope to have me through surgery and recovering by October, giving me a chance to eat like a normal person by Thanksgiving. It sucks that this is the reason that I will be missing the Get Your Guts In Gear Ride in the Midwest, but I know that all my fellow riders and crew members will understand why I am gone and will do their best to make it all happen knowing that I am supporting them from Seattle to the best of my abilities.

I have come to grips with all of this. I still have a lot of questions about my new lifestyle going forward, and I am sure that a lot of people will be getting a lot of emails in the coming days as I am sitting around my house thinking about this, but I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful support system around me with a lot of people that know a lot about what's happening with me and what to expect going forward.

As soon as I know more about what's going to happen in the next couple weeks, I will let you all know. Untill then I thank each and every one of you. You have all been a source of inspiration and strength to me! I really don't think that I would be able to get through this without all of you.

Much love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great weekend. Am so glad you are feeling better about this...we want you to feel better...and maybe you can come to NY next June...its an awesome route. I can just see you playing music to the woodchucks at the campground! Laters, MT

    ReplyDelete