05 June 2009

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

Before I get into what's been happening with my training and all that jazz, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you that have taken the time to give this blog a read and reach into your pocket to support such an amazing cause! It really means a lot to me that you would help out even in such difficult financial times for the world. My hope is that through your help, one day, we will know what causes these diseases and find a cure for them. Then, maybe, I could spend less time in the doctors offices and more time out living life with my family and all of you amazing friends! Once again Thank You for all you have done to support me in this quest of mine. It means the world to me!
Like I said it would happen, I am updating this blog again from the infusion center of my doctors office. I don't know if this is a great way to start the week off or not, but it is what it is and I will learn to love it eventually. The nurses around here are great though. They have a great sense of humor and at least the walls aren't that nasty medical white that drives me insane. I really don't know why that color gets to me so much... but it does for some reason. I don't think it's because I have spent so much time in hospitals staring at it, because if that were true, the color of my office would drive me insane as I spend more time there than anywhere else really.
Training is going well, except that I took last week off by doctors orders. I have way too many doctors right now... although I am happy to have them. I am starting to come back around to feeling better so I hope that maybe they have figured something out. I don't know if these iron infusions are doing anything for me yet, but they tell me that my numbers were so low that it may take a couple weeks before I really notice anything.
As for training... wow it sucks! I haven't really had time to get out on the road and train, I have been doing all of it in the gym on a stationary bike on my lunch hours. I need to get out on the road soon. Maybe this weekend I'll take the bike down to Alki and ride around for a while. Anyone up for 10-15 miles this weekend? I don't think I could do any more than that right now. At this pace I hope I can be ready in time for the ride. I don't know that I will be able to complete the entire 210 miles, but I will certantly try. Doctors are pushing me to take it easy, so I am, but at this pace I won't have the proper training in to complete the ride. On a brighter note, I think I may have a riding partner this year! Talking with my father, he thinks he could make it happen and ride with me this year! I would be so stoked if he could! I have been so overwhelmed this year by the outreach my family has pulled this year. My wife, mother, and sister are joining the crew this year along with a coworker/friend will be on the Crew, along with a lot support from other family members. I keep trying to convince others to ride with me, but with time short, it's making it harder to do.
Well I really should be focusing on the task at hand right now... so I will go. Thank you all for your support and please reach out and chat if you feel like it!
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment