26 January 2010

Silver Nitrate is NOT my friend!!!

Another week has passed since I was sitting here in this chair watching the Ferelcit flow out of the bag and into the vein in my arm. This is week 3 in this run, and I'm still not feeling a difference.

One thing that makes it SUCK to be me is that my surgery wound decided it didn't want to heal normally or properly. This has caused me to have to burn myself with Silver Nitrate to knock back flesh that shouldn't be growing so flesh that should be can grow and close this incision finally. Let me tell you IT SUCKS beyond belief to have to go through this every couple days for weeks.

What can I say... My body hates itself.

I'm coming up on 4 months with my ostomy. What's the saying... No rest for the wicked? Ever since my surgery, life has gotten crazier and crazier. Sooo much going on that its hard to keep track of it all. So many doctors to see, nurses to consult with, infusions to get, labs to do... Its almost as bad as before surgery. Now would I go back and not do it... HELL NO. But it is confusing.

There really was no point to this post... Just some random thoughts on the situation.

The world has gone mad, don't go with it!

Until next time
-D
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I remember the Silver Nitrate days after a myriad of surgeries! And I'm sure that I'll be doing it again very shortly by the looks of my peristomal skin. I'm coming up to my 7th ostomy anniversary! Doesn't seem that long, Daniel. But it was on my 50th birthday that I received that emergency triple ostomy surgery. My, my, how time can fly by.

    And after listing to this week's podcast, I realized that I've been at every GYGIG PNW Ride since the first one. So that means that I'm coming up to my 5th anniversary of ileostomy stoma revision.

    Appreciate you & your podcasts! Loved this week's dialogue with Jim! KUDOS to you all!
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete