14 January 2010

In absolute AMAZEMENT!!!

This past weekend, I finally put a long time dream of mine into reality. And the response has been nothing less than AMAZING!!!

For years, ever since I build the start of my home studio, I have dreamed of doing a weekly podcast. At first, I wanted to do it based on the music that I love to spin with (Vocal House), but didn't really want to have to pay for the usage rights. Then I thought about a local artists show, but the upkeep on something like that is too intense when you are already working 40+ hours a week at a radio station.

Then it happened. It was late August, I was going through the latest batch of tests and hospitalizations for my Crohn's, and I realized there wasn't anything out there candidly talking about any Gut related condition. (trust me, I looked... if it's out there, it's so well hidden that it wasn't worth listening to) So after I got back on my feet (actually, I still wasn't even back to work yet after my ostomy surgery) I decided that I needed to be the one to launch a podcast talking about all the things nobody else wanted to talk about.

The concept behind Talkin 'Bout Guts was born!

Knowing that the success of this podcast depended on the help of the support orginizations, my first call that I made about this was to Get Your Guts In Gear who had helped me get better as well as give me a forum to talk to other about my disease and what I was going through. With them on board, it gave me an outlet to help me promote this and help me gain access to people that could help me with content and getting people to talk to.

And from there.... IT BLEW UP!!!

In my wildest dreams, I never thought this would be anything more than me having some fun and having a couple people (mostly friends and family) as listeners. Just in 4 days, we have over 200 listeners in 3 countires!

Thanks has to go to the UOAA, IDEAS, The IBD Quilt Project, and Uncover Ostomy for helping me with this project. I couldn't have made this half what it is without your help.

And Big Ups to my bro, Matt, for being my sidekick in this project!

I hope that you all enjoy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment