01 July 2009

Life is Good.... Why Do I let myself get down like that...

Couple of things first.

There is a great local article in The Enterprise newspaper today about me, my father, and the GYGIG ride here in Seattle. You should give it a read, the author did a great job with it.

http://www.enterprisenewspapers.com/article/20090701/ETP03/707019882&template=ETPart

Also I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you that have reached out in the last couple weeks. I let myself get too down and all of you helped me realize that things are a lot better than I was allowing myself to see it. Thank you all so very much! I appreciate every one of you more than you could ever believe.

As for my last post.... Here's what I have to say about it.

I have read and reread it a million times now, and I can't say that anything in it was untrue only on the basis of that is how I felt when I wrote it. I know that this surprised a lot of people, because I am normally a very upbeat kind of person. The truth is I have been hurting for a while now. Some of the time the upbeat person that you see is mearly a facade. I internalize way too much and I know that, but having done it for so long, I am not sure how to even start changing the way I deal with things. I internalize way too much and I know that it doesn't help anything. I have taken a lot of time to talk to people about what is happening, and have started working through some of the issues that I had let build up. Overall I think that I am doing better mentally today than I was doing when I wrote that post.

As for the ride... this yo-yo of a year continues! I have been instructed once again that I can not ride, this time by my Rhuemotoligist. It turns out that my crohn's has caused me to develope inflammatory arthristis in my back. This frustrates me a ton, as I wanted sooo badly to ride this year. I don't see it as a failure on my part anymore, but as a huge dissapointment to me as this is a goal of mine. I will do it one day... it just may take a while for my body to agree with me.

On the absolute plus side for me, my father has taken up the challenge and riding in my place! I can not begin to tell you how happy I am that he has decided to do this! I know the momumental task that this is for him and I thank him for doing it for me! I will be right beside him helping him out all along the route! So please if you feel like donating... donate toward his ride, he needs all the help we can give him! Matthew Weatherhogg is his name, and I don't know what his rider number is, but that's ok.

Until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment